Monday: Writing STAAR Review
Tuesday: Writing STAAR test
Wednesday: STAAR testing rooms (8th grade math)
Thursday: Read "Suzy & Leah"
Friday: finish "Suzy & Leah"; comprehension Qs
Upcoming Tests or quizzes:
STAAR Writing--March 28th
Language Arts 7th grade
Conference Time: 8:50 - 9:20
Every two weeks students will be assigned a unit in their vocabulary workbooks.
Vocabulary practice is completed in class, and your student needs a vocab book to do much of the work. The words themselves are online , but the online site does not have the written practice pages, so a physical copy is necessary.
You can practice the vocabulary online at:
Make sure you choose the correct version:
Select the 2012-2013/Level B/student version of the book
If you do not want to make your own account, you are welcome to use my info below. (Be sure to select "teacher version" of the book)
Useful links for students:
login: peetla7 password: gocubs
Students sharing possessive noun examples
Electric Company Haunted House Possessives
Looking up words with suffixes (dictionary skills)
Quia – Simple vs. Compound Sentences
Harcourt – Compound Sentence Train Game
Harcourt – Simple, Compound, Run-on, Comma Splice Horseshoe Game
Wisc-online – Possessive Nouns
Estrella Mountain – Possessive Nouns Turtle Game
Quia – Possessive Nouns Rags to Riches Game
Charles Dickens Webquest
* No student shall interfere with the learning of others.
* Every student shall bring all books and supplies necessary for class, each and every day .
* Respect--student and teacher alike.
* No whining. (No, really . . . I mean it!)
* For Language Arts outside homework will be assigned from time to time. I try to get much of it completed in class, but sometimes it is necessary for a student to work independently.